Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Spicy Focaccia Bread for Blog Hop


Hi Friends,


Today is the 4th week of Blog Hop Wednesdays, an effort started by Radhika. It encourages us to blog hop and try our fellow blogger's recipes. Please check out what all this is about.


This week, I am paired with Charishma of Cherie's Stolen Recipes, who has this amazing blog with variety of recipes. You will find recipes from every course and every like of yours. Love it. Please check out her blog and follow if you are not already doing so.


I wanted to try something that I hadn't tried yet. And, now that I am this pattern of trying to bake, my eye caught the recipe of my favorite savory bread on earth, which is Spicy Focaccia Bread. It is my absolute favorite. Every time I go out for hot panini or sandwich, this is the bread I request it on. I simply love the texture and how nice it is in my mouth. If you have never tried it, you don't know what you are missing when it comes to savory breads. 




I have used her recipe as it is with the exception of adding cilantro (because I forgot, dumb me) and chilies on top as my kids and hubby do not like it very spicy. My husband, who is usually a big critic, loved it and wanted to try another slice even though he is watching his diet. It took me just 5 minutes of prep works, 1 hour of bread rising (remember like Charishma says, it doesn't rise a lot like other yeast breads)  and thereafter 40 minutes of baking @ 375 degree F. Thanks Charisma for this wonderful recipe :)



Please do check what other blog hoppers are cooking.





That's all for now. Take care till next post.

43 comments:

Neha said...

Hi Priya...First time on your blog...Focaccia looks so yummy...Happy to join you dear...Would love if you join me too at http://muchmorethanahomemaker.blogspot.com/
Cheers

Chaitanya said...

very yummy and spongy ...nice event ...love to participate in it.
www.rajafood.blogspot.com

Rajani said...

That looks wonderful. I haven't tried foccacia till now, your description makes me want to try it.

Rumana Rawat said...

OMG!!!! that looks awesome...

Harini said...

We all like Focaccia spicy and yumm!!

Charishma said...

First of all thank you for the kind words....and getting from you...iam honored. Iam in awe of your blog...you have an amazing collection and the focaccia looks so good, fluffy and soft...Looking at ur bread I am inspired to make it again.
Charishma

Kalyani said...

looks yum Priya !

Cheers
Kalyani
Current Event: Fasting Foods(Vrat ka Khaana Special)

Julie said...

Wow.. That's a unique recipe using go foccassia..well presented !!!

Pushpa said...

Looks moist and perfect Priya.

Kurryleaves said...

perfectly baked...looks so soft and yummy

Santosh Bangar said...

perfect spicy bread last time i made it.

Suja Manoj said...

Soft and fluffy,love the texture..looks delicious

Unknown said...

can feel the warmth of the freshly baked bread :) YUM! You picked an awesome recipe from Charisma's wonderful blog!

Sobha Shyam said...

awesome bread dear..focaccia is looking simply great..nice clicks..

Sangeetha M said...

wow...perfectly baked one...looks wonderful....liked it !!

Mugdha said...

looks soo delicious and spongy..:)

Madhavi said...

Oh super Focaccia..yummyy!!!

Sumee said...

My fav kind of bread too.! Didn't know it's so easy to make..

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Very yummy looking one, looks fantastic.

KrithisKitchen said...

Lovely focaccia.. super yumm!!
Krithi's Kitchen
Event: Serve It - Steamed

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Foccacia looks so delicious and amazing. Lovely preparation.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Unknown said...

It came out amazing! It's one of my favorite bread! Yum fresh bread!

Shylaja said...

Bread looks yummy and delicious

Raks said...

Looks spongy! I love all savory bakes very much!

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

lovely focaccia. I baked one yesterday night and love the flavours and texture. great job dear.

Unknown said...

yum looking foccacia... I haven't managed to managed to get a good outcome from yeast yet. Though I'll keep trying :)

Swathi said...

Looks awesome perfect Priya.

sangeeta said...

Hi Priya...how have you been?

Loved this spicy focaccia and i am off to see Charisma's blog :)

Priya Sreeram said...

fine bake priya; spicy twist to the focaccia

Vidhya said...

Wow.This look awesome.

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Spongy awesome cake...

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Nice bake...looks very soft and fluffy

Myvegfare said...

lovely bread priya, this is second one I saw in blog hop today!

vaishali sabnani said...

Priya this has come out soooo good..m jealous!!..really !!last week i tried but wonder wat went wrong!.....must try this recipe!..thnks to u n ofcourse Charishma...

Prathima Rao said...

Wow...!!!Focaccia looks sooo....good & perfect!!!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Archana said...

Looks absolutely yummy.
Do check out my event and send me your entries.

Priya Suresh said...

Bread looks fabulous..

VineelaSiva said...

The bread looks very yummy.Never tried this bread.

divya said...

looks awesome...

Elaichii said...

Bread looks so good!

ruchikacooks said...

Nice event ya, see every time I drop in there is something new going on ;)

Vijitha said...

Foccacia looks perfect and well baked. Good job priya!

Amina Creations said...

Bread looks delicious.. Must try it sometime..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails