Sunday, June 13, 2010

Kuttu Ke Aate Ki Poori - कुट्टू के आटे की पूरी (Fried Bread of Buckwheat Flour)

Hello friends,


Hope you are all having or had a wonderful weekend. Was missing for 2 days, just got too lazy to prepare anything. 


Here is something we had for lunch. My son was not very happy to have "black" poori or so he calls it...lol


Kuttu Ke Aate Ki Poori - कुट्टू के आटे की पूरी (Fried Bread of Buckwheat Flour)


Ingredients
Kuttu Ka Aata (Buckwheat Flour) - 1 cup
Ubla Aloo (Boiled Potatoes) - 3 medium sized, mashed well
Kali Mirch (Black Pepper) Powder - 1 tbsp
Kasoori Methi (Dry Fenugreek Leaves) - 1 tbsp, crushed between palms
Sendha Namak (Black Salt) - as per taste
Salt - as per taste (balance black salt and this per your liking)
Preparation

  • Mix all ingredients together into a chapati/roti dough. Please do not add any water as boiled potatoes are more than enough to mix the flour.
  • Pinch a lemon size ball from the dough and roll it into a small 2-3 inch diameter circle (remember you won't be able to make them really thin and the dough may start breaking, so keep them thick).
  • Fry them in hot oil (about 30 seconds) both the sides.
  • Drain on paper towel.

Serving
Serve them hot with either just plain curd or any curry of your choice. 


Sending this recipe to Cooking With Seeds - Pepper event of Padma, an event started by Priya.


24 comments:

Simplyfood said...

These look very tasty and delicious.

hamaarethoughts.com said...

very nice ...looks tempting!

Kiran said...

These pooris are new to me.Love the ingredients in it.

Richa said...

Good recipe Priya.....this is Fast (vrat)recipe in my house.....I prepare kuttu ku poori only if we are fasting with vrat wale aloo curry.

GayathriRaj said...

Hey thats a nice one..very new to me...and ur new template looking gr8 dear....

Nitha said...

A new recipe for me too.. Sounds interesting...

Anonymous said...

This is definitely something new Priya...very nice, and looks yummy. Im sure it will pair perfectly well with a cuppa, right? :)

Priya Suresh said...

Very interesting and healthy pooris..looks awesome Priya..

SathyaSridhar said...

Wooow,,using buckwheat is very healthy option dear...nowadays i started to use buckwheat flour but my Hubby still yet to get stick to this flour's taste..

My Kitchen Antics said...

Completely new to this...but it wud taste awesome im sure with the pepper...

Umm Mymoonah said...

Never heard of this Priya, looks so good and healthy, love to have some:)

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Sounds amazing. Will definitely be a must try for me Priya.

SS blogs here said...

Hey Priya.. Pepper and all.. must taste good!!

suma said...

This is an interesting new recipe Priya!! Sounds good!!

Niloufer Riyaz said...

really something new to try. Delicious

Niloufer Riyaz said...

perfect snack!!!

Rachana said...

This is new to me...looks delicious. Will definately try it out.

Yasmeen said...

Peppery puris....the buck wheat flour should be a great substitute for the usual wheat flour :D

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

we eat this pooris when we r fasting...looks tempting priya..lovely..

TREAT AND TRICK said...

This is healthy and sounds delicious, new to me though...

Cooking Foodie said...

Hi Priya - sorry for the late reply - I was travelling... about the walnut pesto...
I kept the pesto in the fridge for about 2 weeks. Just add a very thin layer of olive oil on top. I didnt add lemon for long term as I wasnt going to use it as is... I cooked with it.

Shriya said...

Totally new to me. But sounds delicious. Bookmarking it.

Unknown said...

What an innovative recipe, Priya! I am sure I would love this black poori :)

Swathi said...

Priya,

New dish to me. Pepper makes buckwheat poori spicy and good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails