Friday, May 14, 2010

Lahsan ki chutney - लहसन की चटनी (Spicy Garlic Chutney)

Hello Friends,


Another spicy and yummy dish from Rajasthan. My sister-in-law Manju didi makes it really well and I am still learning it :)


Lahsan ki chutney - लहसन की चटनी (Spicy Garlic Chutney)


Ingredients
Lahsan (Garlic) - 1 cup
Pyaaz (Onion) - 1 cup (sliced or chopped whichever way, doesn't matter much as you will grind it anyways)
Whole Lal Mirch (Whole Dry Red Chillies) - 1/4 cup
Water - 2 tbsp
For Tempering
Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 3 - 4 tbsps
Namak (Salt) - as per taste
Rai (Mustard Seeds) - 1 tsp
Jeera (Cumin Seeds) - 1 tsp
Preparation

  • Soak whole lal mirch in water for about 30 minutes.
  • Grind lahsan, pyaaz and soaked lal mirch (without water) and water together.
  • Heat ghee in a pan.
  • Add rai,  jeera and let them splutter.
  • Add ground masala, namak and mix well.
  • Fry for about 3-4 minutes.
  • Cover and simmer till oil separates.

Serving
This is usually eaten with roti and dahi. Really hot and spicy.



Sending this to CWS - Cumin Seeds event of Simply Sara an event started by Priya of Priya's Easy and Tasty Recipes.


That's all for now. Till next post, take care.

23 comments:

Uma said...

looks spicy and delicious.

Priya Suresh said...

Spicy Garlic Chutney looks truly tempting and irresistible..

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Lovely chutney! Looks Fabulous!

Umm Mymoonah said...

Hmmm nice hot chutney,looking delicious

Nammaruchi.blogspt.com said...

Mouthwatering chutney...yummy!

The Housewife said...

This would be great even with bread! I'm a total garlic and spice person, so this is definitely up my alley!

Kanchan said...

This is nice ! We prepare similar to this but instead of onion use coconut.

Sayali said...

i make garlic chutney for kachi dabelis...this one just lokos great priya

Prema said...

Nice chutney,Never tried this before,Luks gr8...

Niloufer Riyaz said...

nice n spicy chutney. SSSSssssssshot

Niloufer Riyaz said...

nice n spicy chutney. SSSSssssssshot

Niloufer Riyaz said...

nice n spicy chutney. SSSSssssssshot

Gita Jaishankar said...

Garlic chutney sounds flavorful and interesting...I have to prepare this chutney with dosas :)

Suja Manoj said...

Spicy garlic chutney sounds great..need to try this.

Kiran said...

Very spicy and tempting chutney.
Looks delicious.

Unknown said...

Thanks guys for the comments. :)

Simplyfood said...

Beautiful vibrant colour, chutney looks wonderful.I too make this chutney but recipe is different to yours.

Unknown said...

nice spicy chutney..

Unknown said...

I would definitely love this chutney since I love the flavour of garlic..Nice recipe, priya..

sangeeta said...

Oh great..this chutny i loved . Hot and tangy , i like the way garlic makes things specifically tangy..

themustardseed said...

Wow! looks delicious!Have never had this before. I love garlic and would love to try this one out.

aditi said...

Hello Priya, thanks for nice receipe. It's one of my favorite cooked by my mom 's . As I remember my mom use to add kachar/kachari in it . Do you have any idea how to cook this with kachari?

Thanks

Unknown said...

Hey Aditi, I am sorry dear for the delay. I have not tried it with Kachiri, so not sure if or not this can be done. I will see if I can get some more info from my SIL or MIL about this and will surely post about it, if found.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails